Category: Community

Home » Community » Page 4

A ‘Pizza’ Henry History

Patrick and Katie McHugh have been in the pizza business for 19 years, but their restaurant has ties that stretch back far longer. It was originally 14th St. Pizza when they purchased it in January of 2004. The Henry County restaurant moved from Hudson Bridge Road to Jodeco Road in 2010 and then to its...

Remember, I’m Right Here in Your Heart

“…So when tomorrow starts without meDo not think we’re apartFor every time you think of meRemember I’m right here in your heart” As the grueling morning of Sunday, February 13, 2022, arrived, the fear of the morning after kicked in. How will I feel tomorrow, Monday, when he is no longer here to wake me...

Happiness and Homemade Goodness

The smell of freshly made waffle cones and a warm “Welcome Home” greets each person who enters Welcome Home Creamery and Coffee store. Whether you visit the original location along East Main Street in Hampton or the new store in Locust Grove’s Ingle’s shopping center, you are sure to find a tasty, homemade treat. Creating...

Visit Henry County, GA and their new Mobile Visitors Center

Serving with Hospitality

Service to your community can be demonstrated in a variety of ways. For a group of Henry County residents, that means serving as volunteers, known as Local Explorers, with Visit Henry County, GA. This group works alongside Visit Henry County, GA, and their new Mobile Visitors Center to share things to do, places to eat,...

Amanda Malette is named Henry County’s Teacher of the Year

Pouring Love into Her Students

Amanda Malette always knew she wanted to be a teacher; there was never any question. This is her 21st year as a first-grade teacher (well, one year was in second grade), starting at Pate’s Creek Elementary and now at East Lake Elementary in McDonough. Her students are known as “Malette’s Munchkins,” and they carry that...

Hans Broder from Banker to Author

The story was tragic and the judgment swift, though justice never really showed up for those who needed it most. For those who lived in Henry County in the 1970s, Jerry Banks, a local African American man, was the name on everyone’s tongue. He was convicted for the brutal murders of Marvin King, a Jonesboro...

All In a Day’s Work

Serving and protecting Henry County is the business of Officer Todd Powell and his K9 partner, Erin. Officer Powell has been in law enforcement in Henry County for 13 years and has been a member of the Henry County Police Department since July 2021. Officer Powell first met and began training with his K9 partner...

Georgia Grown

Growing up on a cattle farm in North Georgia, Benjamin Pruett never guessed life would bring him full circle back to agriculture, turning a passion into a career. “The way we raised cattle back then was all-natural, but at the time, we didn’t realize it,” recalls Pruett. “Farmers have always been good stewards of the...

Henry County Pregnancy Resource Center

By Janice Wright The Pregnancy Resource Center, in Henry County, is a Christ-centered ministry committed to upholding the sanctity of human life believing there is a purpose and a plan for every child.  Board members, staff, and volunteers model Christ’s love in every aspect of their ministry. They serve teens, women, men and families by...